Naheed Mustafa Ahmed is a non-profit expert with 18 years of experience in both development and humanitarian interventions across Asia and Africa. From the grassroots community action to policy advocacy with the governments and regional bodies, she has passionately worked for women’s rights & concerns, program design, program management and evaluation. Her expertise covers important aspects of development aid that includes:
- Strategic planning and program cycle management
- Program assessment and evaluation
- Partnership development and capacity building on relevant issues
- Mainstreaming gender, diversity and human rights perspective in programs and results
- Program and human resource management including fund raising and humanitarian interventions
- Led program teams in Bangladesh and Sierra Leone
- Excellent communicator and team player
Her work experience evolved from grassroots interventions through international non-profit (ActionAid Bangladesh & UK ), bilateral aid agency like Canadian International Development Agency (CIDA) and multinational agency like UN Women. Naheed led UN Women Bangladesh for 6 years and helped grow its program in labour migration, anti-trafficking, and on governance issues including political empowerment of women, gender budgeting, implementing national and international commitments / obligations of the national government, violence against women, climate change and its impact on women etc. She has also carried out program evaluations for various agencies/programs as consultant. Her communications skills are excellent for trainings and report writing.
On the Humanitarian work front, she worked in emergency response and recovery plans during floods in Bangladesh (1998, 2001) and Mozambique (2000) and of late in Sierra Leone (2015) to support the National Ebola response crisis.
Academically, she has an M Phil in Development Studies from the University of Geneva and a Master in Public Administration from University of Dhaka. She is fully bilingual – English and French and a widely travelled person. A Bangladeshi by birth, Naheed loves music, painting and traveling. Resume of Naheed Ahmed
Dr. Mahbub Hasan is a social worker, researcher, trainer and a development activist. At present, Dr. Hasan works as a Faculty Member of Centennial College, Ontario.
Dr. Hasan earned Ph.D degree on Anthropology and human development. He has certificates in Project Management, Business Development, Communication and Negotiations from the University of Toronto and Toronto Business Development Centre (TBDC). He also attended and facilitated over 50 training on fundraising, community development, social service management, leadership development, human rights and governance in North America, Europe and Asia.
- 15 years’ experience in community development and program coordination
- 3 years’ experience in teaching in post-secondary environment, academic advising and mentoring
- Experienced in program and curriculum reviews, learning materials development and online teaching
- Received international Fellowship award in 2015 for curriculum development
- Project cycle management
- Program and project evaluation
- Qualitative research
- Exceptional skills in outreach, marketing and students recruitment
Dr. Hasan served various non-profit agencies nationally and internationally and these are University of Toronto, City of Toronto, ActionAid, Canadian International Development Agency (CIDA) and Voluntary Service Overseas (VSO) and CASSA. He has more than seventeen years experience in the non-profit sector including five years direct working experience at community level with disadvantage children, youth, women and social groups. His research and training experience, and development interests lie in child & youth development, livelihood, governance, ethnicity and gender.
Meet Dr. Hasan at his website and LinkedIn profile .
- Website: www.drmahbubhasan.com
- LinkedIn: http://ca.linkedin.com/pub/dr-mahbub-hasan-ph-d/25/a27/82a